What is the most important thing a person needs to do before they attempt to do a home decorating project? If you said to sit down and write/type out what their goals and ideas are, this would correct. This is no doubt tip number one!
Many people make this mistake of not having a plan, they are left to their confusion and frustration. This makes the whole experience, which should be fun and exciting, to be aggravating.
1. Whether you know it or not, there are many ideas and details that need to be worked out. Such as which… the theme of your home. What do you plan on using as a theme? Do want the cottage look, the Victorian look, perhaps you want a oriental look or even a post modern Roman look. Whatever you decide, it’s best to work this theme out on the materials and the spaces to be created or redecorated.
A mistake anyone can make is waking up one morning and going, “I want to redecorate my bedroom today.” This is such a nice thought and wouldn’t it be nice if it could be done like that? However, without the forethought of planning, it is likely the project would be much more than they are willing to spend. Due to this reason, home decorating tips are quite helpful.
2. What is the next step after you hmmm’ed and ahhh’ed about the projet and came up with your ideas and what you saw for the goals? Next needs to be your budget. How much are you willing to spend to redecorate? How much can you actually afford without going totally broke? If you desire to make changes to your entire house, then it is suggested you set aside a great amount of money for these changes.
Why is this? There are always hidden costs when you make large home improvements. It would seem that once you begin your decorating, that the little things you did not count on just jump out at you. So, tip number two is have a budget. It is a wise thing to do when redecorating your home whether it be the entire house or just one to two rooms to have a budget amount and try to stick with it.
3. Tip number three is pick your theme and stick with it. Okay, so you have budget, you have your goals, now it’s time to pick a theme you wish to see created in your home. First, look over different themes and find one that is based upon what you like or perhaps jointly as a couple (should you be married) find what works for your home.
4. Some things such as the country theme welcomes visitors in aria of friendliness and warmth while a more modern theme explodes loud and alive, saying here I am, look at me! Do not forget that whatever theme you choose should not be picked on a whim, it is one you are bound to use for quite some time.
5. Now that you have made a final decision on how you want to decorate your home, it’s time for the next tip – sketch your plan out on paper. Using a diagram for the area you want to decorate, sketch it out how you want it to look.
Remember to consider the size, your time to be spent on rearranging and arranging and through your drawing, place these items out in the space. Use your imagination and the sketch to guide you toward the goal you set in the beginning. One final tip – aim to accent your home.
Abhishek is an Interior Decoration expert and he has got some great Interior Decorating Secrets [http://www.Wonder-Homes.com/115/index.htm] up his sleeve! Download his FREE 60 Pages Ebook, “How To Decorate Your House Like A Pro!” from his website [http://www.Wonder-Homes.com/115/index.htm]. Only limited Free Copies available.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Abhishek_Agarwal/34694
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1659888